1. This policy confirms Novel Collection Ltd. commitment to respect human rights, avoid contributing to the finance of conflict and comply with all relevant UN sanctions, resolutions and laws.
2. Novel Collection Ltd. is a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). As such, we commit to proving, through independent third-party verification, that we:
a. respect human rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labour Organization Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work;
b. do not engage in or tolerate bribery, corruption, money laundering or finance of terrorism;
c. support transparency of government payments and rights-compatible security forces;
d. do not provide direct or indirect support to illegal armed groups;
e. enable stakeholders to voice concerns about the jewellery supply chain; and
f. are implementing the OECD five-step framework as a management process for risk-based due diligence for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas.
3. We also commit to using our influence to prevent abuses by others.
4. Regarding serious abuses associated with the extraction, transport or trade of minerals:
We will neither tolerate nor profit from, contribute to, assist or facilitate the commission of:
a. torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment;
b. forced or compulsory labour;
c. the worst forms of child labour;
d. human rights violations and abuses; or
e. war crimes, violations of international humanitarian law, crimes against humanity or genocide.
5. We will immediately stop engaging with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are committing abuses described in paragraph 4 or are sourcing from, or linked to, any party committing these abuses.
6. Regarding direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups:
We will not tolerate direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups, including, but not limited to, procuring gemstones from, making payments to, or otherwise helping or equipping non-state armed groups or their affiliates who illegally:
a. control mine sites, transportation routes, points where gemstones are traded and upstream actors in the supply chain; or
b. tax or extort money or gemstones at mine sites, along transportation routes or at points where gemstones are traded, or from intermediaries, export companies or international traders.
7. We will immediately stop engaging with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are sourcing from, or are linked to, any party providing direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups as described in paragraph 6.
8. Regarding public or private security forces:
We will not provide direct or indirect support to public or private security forces that commit abuses described in paragraph 4 or that act illegally as described in paragraph 6.
9. Regarding bribery and fraudulent misrepresentation of the origin of minerals:
We will not offer, promise, give or demand bribes, and will resist the solicitation of bribes, to conceal or disguise the origin of minerals, or to misrepresent taxes, fees and royalties paid to governments for the purposes of extraction, trade, handling, transport and export of minerals.
10. Regarding money laundering:
We will support and contribute to efforts to eliminate money laundering where we identify a reasonable risk resulting from, or connected to, the extraction, trade, handling, transport or export of minerals.